Help us find the North East’s top entrepreneurs
The cream of North East business will be honoured once again when The Entrepreneurs’ Forum celebrates excellence in entrepreneurial achievement at its prestigious annual conference and ceremony on 17th May.
This year it is truly the case that anyone can win because members, colleagues, mentors and just plain admirers can nominate the entrepreneur they believe deserves to receive one of our coveted awards.
HOW TO ENTER
- To nominate an entrepreneur, please download and complete our nomination form by clicking this link: NOMINATION FORM
- Complete all the information requested on the nomination form and send to us via email; email@example.com, by fax 0191 448 7781 or post to the Forum at 2nd Floor, Anson House, Fleming Business Centre, Burdon Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle, NE2 3AE
You or your nominee may be asked to provide more information during the short listing process.
A shortlist of nominees in the Forum’s Entrepreneur of the Year and Emerging Talent Award categories will be chosen after the April 20 closing date. Nominees who
are shortlisted for judging will be invited to meet our judging panels on 1st & 2nd May who will decide the winners.
The winner of the Lifetime Achievement will be chosen from nominations in that category.
The closing date for nominations is 11.59pm April 20. The panel presentations will take place on May 1 and 2, in Newcastle with the winners announced on May 17.
Awards will be presented in the categories of The Entrepreneurs’ Forum:
- Emerging Talent Award– an individual who is building a business of outstanding potential that has been trading for under five years;
- Lifetime Achievement Award – an individual who has shown huge commitment over a significant period of time, and has made a major impact to the regional economy and community
- Entrepreneur of the Year – an individual who has led his or her business to strong growth in revenue and profits through innovation, teamwork and leadership skills.
The judges will be looking for outstanding financial performance and growth, both historic and forecasted.
They will consider any unique innovations in the business, any increase in the number of employees and the impact the organisation may have had on the wider region.
The panel is also keen to hear about the personal development of the entrepreneur themselves and any particular achievements they can highlight.
- Financial Performance – (please note you will need to provide details of the past 3 years financial information)
- Number of Employees
- Growth & projection for growth
- Regional Impact – social responsibility within the North East
- Personal Achievements
A prestigious line up of judges from the finance and business sector and a raconteur of the business and investment world include:
- Justin Urquhart-Stewart, Marketing Director and co-founder of Seven Investment Management
- Keith Miller, Chairman of Miller International and Entrepreneurs’ Forum board member
- Simon Lenney, Managing Partner, Yorkshire Bank
- Jonathan Greenaway, Assurance Partner, PwC Newcastle
- John Wall, Chairman, The Princes Trust
- David Coates, Regional Managing Director of Newsquest (North East)
- Nigel Mills, Chairman of Closewalk and Entrepreneurs’ Forum Chairman
- Nicola Short, Executive Director of The Entrepreneurs’ Forum
Yorkshire Bank believes that a genuine difference can be made through supporting businesses in a way that is meaningful to owners, employees and communities, creating long-term value and supporting sustainable performance.
All the finalists will be joining us at the Entrepreneurs’ Forum’s Annual Conference on the 17th May. As well as the conference during the day, there will be an awards dinner taking place that evening which will celebrate the North East’s entrepreneurial spirit, and the winners will be exclusively announced during the evening.
RULES OF ENTRY
1. By entering this competition, you are deemed to have read and understood these rules and agree to be bound by them.
2. To enter, please complete the online NOMINATION FORM and send to the Forum at 2nd Floor, Anson House, Fleming Business Centre, Burdon Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle, NE2 3AE
3. All entries must be received by 11:59pm UK time on the 20th April. 2012. The Promoter accepts no liability for any technical failures resulting in entries being received after the deadline.
4. Only correctly and fully completed entry forms shall be entered into the selection process.
5. Entrants must be 16 or over and all entrants must be a resident of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
6. Entry into the awards affords the Promoter the unlimited right to utilise information supplied and collected in support of the entry for purposes including but not limited to editorial, promotional and informational activity.
7. All entrants deem themselves and their business proposal(s) available to the judging panel and to the Promoter for the purposes of selecting a winner.
8. The winner will be selected based on the expert judging panel’s opinion of the entries based on the criteria set out. Nominees who are shortlisted for judging will be invited to meet our judging panels on 1st & 2nd May.
9. There shall be one winner for each category
10. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner’s name will be announced on 17th May, during the Entrepreneurs’ Forum awards dinner at the Hilton Hotel, Gateshead.
12. The Promoter is The Entrepreneurs’ Forum Limited.
The authentic exchange of business ideas in the North East